By far the best way to help a senior leadership team to understand and mitigate their cognitive biases is through off-site workshops conducted by qualified CBT facilitators.
- cover the benefits and drawbacks of the individual biases found in the Cognitive Bias Test Report.
- explore and practise strategies to overcome these individual biases.
- cover the benefits and drawbacks of the team biases found in the CBT report.
- explore and practise strategies to overcome these team biases.
- explore and seek to explain differences between individual perceptions of the team’s biases and the group’s perceptions of the team’s biases, as identified by the CBT report.
- link cognitive biases to strategic thinking and provide concrete tools to measure individual strategic competencies.
Workshops are conducted worldwide at a location of the team’s choosing. Cognitive biases can be strongly reinforced by a familiar location (such as corporate offices), so off-site venues for these workshops are strongly recommended. A typical workshop lasts for one and a half to two days, with individual follow-ups in the subsequent months conducted by telephone.
CBT facilitators adhere to a code of practice which governs how workshops and tests are conducted.
» Facilitators’ code of practice